San Diego Junior Theatre’s 5th Season of Shows
In January 1953, San Diego Junior Theatre was incorporated as an official nonprofit organization, with a board of directors. Irma Fraser MacPherson was president of the board, and continued to create many of the costumes throughout the season. Other board members included Helen Abel, Jeweldean Brodie, Pauline des Granges, Alberta Jones, E. Kingsley Povenmire and Robert Ford Corrigan, among others. Frank Crawford was artistic director.
The City of San Diego Park and Recreation Department granted JT the use of the Palisades Building in Balboa Park with offices, green room and workshop space in the basement of the Balboa Club. Volunteers spruced up the interiors, donated much needed equipment, and even helped landscape the grounds! The headquarters were dedicated on April 11, 1953.
This season, smaller productions were held in the Puppet Theatre and Recital Hall of the building. Major productions were held in Roosevelt Junior Theatre Auditorium.
Our 1952/1953 Season