Join Our Team!
San Diego Junior Theatre provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Junior Theatre is always looking to grow our diverse network of professional teaching artists for classes and camps in Balboa Park and outreach programs throughout San Diego County.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Education Director, Elissa Russell at [email protected]
Teaching Artists are required to teach students ages 3-18 in one/all of the following capacities: on-site classes and camps in Balboa Park or off-site outreach programs, on or off-site workshops. Prepares and maintains all class materials and supplies. In conjunction with the Education Director, may develop new classes and course curriculum. This is a seasonal position.
Hourly rate: $28-33, DOE
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in the performing arts, education or related field
- Extensive experience and active current practice in art form(s) to be taught
- Experience working with/teaching students from K-12
- Preference for Voice Teachers who are able to play piano
- Completed Mandated Reporter Training, Sexual Harassment Prevention Training, and fingerprinting
- Previous teaching artist experience
- Curriculum development
- CPR, AED & First Aid certified.
- Experience working with students with special needs.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
A Teaching Aide is responsible for offering support and assistance to the Teaching Artists, and ensuring that each student has an enjoyable camp/class experience.
Salary: $16.50+ per hour
- Assist teaching artists and JT staff members with management of class materials during set-up & clean up
- Assist Teaching Artists and JT staff members with upkeep of class and camp environments (classrooms, corridors, lunch area, restrooms, office, storage spaces, etc.)
- Assist with classroom management when appropriate by re-directing off-task students
- Provide one-on-one assistance to students needing extra attention
- Facilitate class activities and games by participating in all activities and assisting the Teaching Artists and individual students
- Supervise students during class and camp transitions, breaks and lunch
- Facilitate class and camp check-in and pick-up
- Assist students with restroom breaks as necessary
- Work as an inclusion aide to provide extra help and support for students with special needs
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Completion of Junior Theatre Aide In Training class (if under-18) and internship or equivalent aide/assistant experience
- Theatre experience or working in childcare preferred
- First Aid and CPR certification preferred
- Inclusion training/experience a plus
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]