Join Our Family!
San Diego Junior Theatre provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Junior Theatre is always looking to grow our diverse network of professional teaching artists for classes and camps in Balboa Park and outreach programs throughout San Diego County.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Desha Crownover.
Teaching Artists are required to teach students ages 3-18 in one/all of the following capacities: on-site classes and camps in Balboa Park or off-site outreach programs, on or off-site workshops. Prepares and maintains all class materials and supplies. In conjunction with the Education Director, may develop new classes and course curriculum. This is a seasonal position.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) from an accredited college or university in the performing arts, education or related field
- Extensive experience and active current practice in art form(s) to be taught
- Experience working with/teaching students from K-12
- Voice Teachers must be able to play piano
- Completed Mandated Reporter Training
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
- Previous teaching artist experience
- Curriculum development
- CPR, AED & First Aid certified.
- Experience working with students with special needs.