Please send your resume with a cover letter and a list of three references (name; title; relationship to you; email and phone contact information). Send your package of information electronically to resume@JuniorTheatre.com. Please no phone inquiries.
Please note that the initial screening will be confidential. SDJT reserves the right to require fingerprint and background checks as a condition of employment.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Marketing and Audience Engagement will define strategic goals and target potential prospects for campaigns that BROADEN, DEEPEN and DIVERSIFY SDJT’s audience and the scope of its mission.
- Develop, execute and manage a marketing and audience engagement plan and budget
- Strategize and execute all marketing and communication efforts
- Grow Audiences – resulting in revenue, a new family, or continued involvement
- Create more meaningful experiences for audiences
- Identify, welcome and maintain underrepresented audiences into the theatre
- Develop unique events such as talkbacks, lobby displays or special workshops and supporting material
- Represent and advocate for San Diego Junior Theatre in the community
- Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the senior management team
- Bachelor degree in communication, marketing, public relations, or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A friendly and professional demeanor
Teaching Artists are required to teach students ages 3-18 in one/all of the following capacities: on-site classes and camps in Balboa Park or off-site outreach programs, on or off-site workshops. Prepares and maintains all class materials and supplies. In conjunction with the Education Director, may develop new classes and course curriculum. This is a seasonal position.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) from an accredited college or university in the performing arts, education or related field
- Extensive experience and active current practice in art form(s) to be taught
- Experience working with/teaching students from K-12
- Voice Teachers must be able to play piano
- Completed Mandated Reporter Training (http://educators.mandatedreporterca.com/default.htm)
- Previous teaching artist experience
- Curriculum development
- CPR, AED & First Aid certified.
- Experience working with students with special needs.
San Diego Junior Theatre provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.