Please send your resume with a cover letter and a list of three references (name; title; relationship to you; email and phone contact information). Send your package of information electronically to resume@JuniorTheatre.com. Please no phone inquiries.
Please note that the initial screening will be confidential. SDJT reserves the right to require fingerprint and background checks as a condition of employment.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Office Assistant will act as an initial point of contact for phone calls and visitors during scheduled office hours, and will provide backup support to the Production and Box Office staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet walk-in customers in the education office
- Answer phone calls and emails in a timely manner, providing information or directing calls to appropriate Junior Theatre staff members
- Provide administrative support to the Education, Accounting, Production, and Marketing departments
- Back up the Patron Services Manager as necessary
- Back up the Office Staff in administrative duties as necessary
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in basic computer skills including e-mail and Microsoft Office required; comfortable using/learning Salesforce, Click and Pledge, Patron Manager & Adobe
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, be detailed-oriented, and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding internal affairs and student matters
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Teaching Artists are required to teach students ages 3-18 in one/all of the following capacities: on-site classes and camps in Balboa Park or off-site outreach programs, on or off-site workshops. Prepares and maintains all class materials and supplies. In conjunction with the Education Director, may develop new classes and course curriculum. This is a seasonal position.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) from an accredited college or university in the performing arts, education or related field
- Extensive experience and active current practice in art form(s) to be taught
- Experience working with/teaching students from K-12
- Voice Teachers must be able to play piano
- Completed Mandated Reporter Training (http://educators.mandatedreporterca.com/default.htm)
- Previous teaching artist experience
- Curriculum development
- CPR, AED & First Aid certified.
- Experience working with students with special needs.
San Diego Junior Theatre provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.