San Diego Junior Theatre provides engaging, innovative, high-quality theatre education and productions for children of all cultural heritages, ages, abilities and levels of interest.
Reporting to the Artistic Director, the Production Manager is responsible for all technical execution duties during the year-round Junior Theatre production calendar. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees Production Assistant, Costume Loft Coordinator and Costume Rental Specialist
- Recruit, select, and supervise all production staff designers
- Oversee student cast and crew members during rehearsal and in the theatre
- Provides first level of trouble-shooting all parent/student concerns
- Participates in developing and managing production budgets
- Oversee the design process with occasional designing
- Oversee all warehouse duties (offsite), including ensuring all equipment is in safe working condition
Schedule: Variable depending on coverage needs
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: San Diego Junior Theatre, Attn: Production Manager, 1650 El Prado, # 208, San Diego, CA 92101 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include “Production Manager” in subject line).