Assistant Production Manager
Schedule: Monday – Friday 9:00-3:00 pm (Variable)
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Assistant Production Manager is a key member of the Production staff of San Diego Junior Theatre. The position is responsible for ensuring the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Construct scenic and property elements; installs and repairs lighting instruments and equipment; assists with all other areas of technical and artistic execution within the Production function
- Coordinates and oversees Lighting Assistants during load in and strike;
- Coordinates and oversees parent volunteers during load in, strike and work days;
- Assists with technical classes and camps for students;
- Assists with maintaining the scenic shop and prop rooms;
- Assists with rehearsals and performances including
- Training and supervising student crew members
- Monitoring student behavior
- Maintaining overall cast and crew experience
Required: Comprehensive practical technical theatre knowledge; technical theatre experience in multiple and varied types of shows; professional theatre training and/or degree; carpentry, painting and electrical skills; creative problem solving skills; initiative; and good communication skills.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please add “Assistant Production Manager” in the subject).