San Diego Junior Theatre
Teaching Aide Announcement & Job Description
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8am to 3:15pm
Pay: $9 and up (see below)
Application Deadline: May 1, 2015
San Diego Junior Theatre is seeking applicants for the position of Teaching Aide to work alongside experienced Teaching Artists in its summer camp program in Balboa Park. Teaching Aides will help facilitate lessons in theatre arts, provide support with classroom management and supervision, and ensure that each student has an enjoyable camp/class experience. Camp sessions are one to two weeks long and run from early June to early September; Teaching Aides can request to teach sessions that meet their availability.
- Assist teaching artists and staff members with management of class materials during set up & clean up.
- Assist Teaching Artists and JT staff members with upkeep of camp environments. (Classrooms, corridors, lunch area, restrooms, office, storage spaces, etc.)
- Assist with classroom management when appropriate by re-directing off-task students.
- Provide one on one assistance to students needing extra attention
- Facilitate class activities and games by participating in all activities and assisting the Teaching Artists and individual students.
- Supervise students during class and camp transitions, breaks and lunch.
- Assist Teaching Artists with class and camp check-in and pick-up.
- Attend required aide meetings & trainings
To Apply: Email applications by May 1, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off/send to:
Attn: Mitzi Smith
1650 El Prado, #208
San Diego, CA 92101
Qualifications & Eligibility
|Position||Age||Starting Hourly Rate||Qualifications|
|Junior Teaching Aide||14-16||$9.00||Completion of Junior Theatre Aide-In-Training (AIT) class OR prior work as a JT Aide with positive evaluations.|
|Teaching Aide||17 and up||$9.50||Previous JT Aide experience with positive evaluations OR comparable outside experience with strong references.|
|Senior Teaching Aide||18 and up||$10.00||Experience working with children with special needs; exemplary recommendations; and at least one of the following: