San Diego Junior Theatre, the oldest continuing children’s theatre program in the country, is looking for Acting, Voice and Dance Teachers to join our Teaching Artist Pool. This independent, non-profit organization provides engaging, innovative and high-quality theatre education and productions to enhance the lives of children of all ages, cultural backgrounds, abilities and levels of interest. SDJT operates for the benefit of children throughout San Diego County; since 1948, its productions have entertained more than a million theatergoers of all ages.
The job summary for the position of Teaching Artist is as follows:
Teaches students ages 3-18 in one/all of the following capacities: on-site classes and camps in Balboa Park or off-site outreach programs, on or off-site workshops. Prepares and maintains all class materials and supplies. In conjunction with the Education Director, may develops new classes and course curriculum.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) from an accredited college or university in the performing arts, education or related field.
- Extensive experience and active current practice in art form(s) to be taught.
- Experience working with/teaching students from kindergarten through grade 12.
- Voice Teachers must be able to play piano.
- Completed Mandated Reporter Training (http://educators.mandatedreporterca.com/default.htm)
- Previous teaching artist experience
- Curriculum development
- CPR, AED & First Aid certified.
- Experience working with students with special needs.
Please send your resume with a cover letter and a list of three references (name; title; relationship to you; email and phone contact information). The cover letter must include the following: your salary history, why you are interested in SDJT, and why you believe you would be an outstanding candidate for this position.
This is a seasonal position. Please see our website (www.juniortheatre.com) for a full job description and the history of the organization.
CONTACT: Please send your resume with a cover letter and a list of three references (name; title; relationship to you; email and phone contact information). The cover letter must include the following: your salary history; why you are interested in SDJT; and why you believe you would be an outstanding candidate for this position. Send your package of information electronically to Mitzi Smith, Interim Education Director: Mitzi@JuniorTheatre.com Please no phone inquiries.
Please note that the initial screening will be confidential. SDJT reserves the right to require fingerprint and background checks as a condition of employment.